The annual AMA (WA) Dr Camille Michener Legacy Award / Junior Doctor of the Year was inaugurated in 2010 to recognise the exceptional contribution of Dr Camille Michener to the Medical Profession, her colleagues and the patients she felt privileged to serve.
A $3,000 grant will be awarded annually to the winner of this prestigious Award.
To ensure that the process of evaluation is equitable and beneficial to both the Nominees and the Selection Panel, proposers are alerted to the following guidelines:
- Nominations should be typed and legible.
- The nomination should detail how the nominee has made a significant contribution to the Medical Profession and the community beyond that expected of their normal working riles.
- As a guide the nomination can cover areas such as teaching, education, leadership, advocacy, doctors well being and or community service (max 1,500 words).
- Nominees must be a Doctor in Training and all finalists are to be members of the AMA (WA).
- The completed, signed nomination must be forwarded with all relevant information (including supporting information if cited) by 4:30pm Friday 26 May 2017