The annual AMA (WA) Dr Camille Michener Legacy Award / Junior Doctor of the Year was inaugurated in 2010 to recognise the exceptional contribution of Dr Camille Michener to the Medical Profession, her colleagues and the patients she felt privileged to serve.
A $3,000 grant will be awarded annually to the winner of this prestigious Award.
Conditions of Entry
- Nominations are to be on an official form, the online form available at http://camille.amawa.com.au/entrynomination-form/ or the form from the brochure.
- The proposer must sign the nomination form but does not need to obtain the authorisation of the nominee to submit an entry.
- The nominee must be a Doctor in Training (i.e. Intern through to Senior Registrar).
- The finalists must be members of the AMA (WA).
- The information provided to support the nomination can be drawn from current and previous years although more recent activities may be given greater weight in the assessment phase. Activities undertaken as a Medical Student can be included as part of the nomination.
- All nomination information and material remains the property of the AMA (WA) Dr Camille Michener Legacy Award Panel.
- All nomination information and material can be utilised by the AMA (WA) to publicly recognise the award recipient and award finalists and in promoting the achievements of Doctors in Training in WA.
- Information about the award finalists and winner may be published in the AMA (WA) monthly magazine “Medicus” and/or Med e-Link.
- The decision of the Selection Panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Self-nomination is permissible.
Nominations must be received by 4:30pm on Friday 26 May 2017. Nominations can be hand delivered, emailed (as a PDF or MS Word Document), mailed, faxed or submitted online.